Floristic approach to the design of the recreation area
The cozy design of any recreation area, which allows you to abandon the hustle and bustle - is the main guarantee of pleasure and complete privacy. Regardless of whether it is a patio or an open terrace in the garden, a large relaxation area with a barbecue, a cozy canopy by the pond or a small corner of wildlife in the city, it is worthwhile to make only some efforts for their special landscaping. And at the peak of popularity today - a floral style.
- Tasks of floristic design of recreation areas
- Is it possible to organize the floral design of the recreation area yourself?
- Selection of plants for floristic decoration
- What style can floristic design match?
Tasks of floristic design of recreation areas
Any recreation area in the garden or in urban environments in order to turn into an oasis of peace, solitude and comfort, needs landscaping. Even recreation areas drowning in flower beds will not become an attractive center of the garden without additional efforts. And it is unnecessary to speak about such corners in a big city: there can be no oases of peace without gardening. Without plants and additional decor, you cannot create comfort in the roof gardens, in the courtyard, or on your own loggia or balcony.
Floral design is an approach to landscaping the recreation area, which is distinguished by high style and taste, special pomp, implemented at several levels. It replaced the usual pottery gardens and the collection of tubs, hanging gardens and compositions in the balcony drawers, which many already seem too boring.
The essence of this style is to treat each plant and each group of plants as living bouquets and bring elements of exquisite serving and arrangement to the design of their oases in the garden or big city. Instead of using plants, accessories and decorative elements separately, floristic design suggests combining them into single ensembles and complex visual compositions.
The floral style in the design of any corner for relaxation is the result of the fact that the services of professional designers and florists are becoming more accessible. Having admired the creations of professionals who turn even a simple balsam into a real star, one no longer wants to refuse a perfect and thoughtful design.
Is it possible to organize the floral design of the recreation area yourself?
You can recreate the professional design of a florist yourself. This option offers to show your taste, imagination and decide on experiments, endlessly checking different combinations of materials and accessories, and take a fresh look at your favorite pottery stars.
If you like to make bouquets, are fond of decor and interior design, try to give your favorite corner for relaxation a new floral design.
There is nothing complicated in floristic style. It is enough to think over the details and hide all the unattractive elements. Each plant is “presented” with additions and accessories, revealing its originality, decorating containers and soil so that it seems like a perfect miracle and a living bouquet.
Elegant living bouquets and sculptures, delightful arrangements and complex combinations in practice often turn into just a few appropriately used elements. Floral design is more a general approach than concrete strict canons.
If you want to experiment with floristic techniques, it is not necessary to force the entire space of the recreation area with bouquets and flowers. Sometimes one or two compositions are enough to create the same impression of designer landscaping.
Selection of plants and details for floral design
If you just want to try something new, start with a small plant on the dining table that you can enjoy. But if you want to give floral landscaping to the whole gardening, you can safely decide to use the usual potted and tubular in such an amount as you like.
If you use more than two potted plants, divide the plants into three groups:
- on soloists (large staffing, main vertical accents that will dominate the design);
- blooming stars, "responsible" for the color scheme;
- to plants that you place as stylistic touches and background "masses".
There is only one “but”: it is best to experiment with floral decorations on the most reliable plants - species and varieties that are unpretentious, hardy, resistant to diseases, pests and temperatures. After all, if the plant is capricious, even a simple addition to it of another can create stress for it and violate the comfortable conditions for its growth.
The easiest way is with tree and shrubs, beloved tubers, who feel great in our climate. Just add a few touches and floristic tricks - and they will appear in a new light. Dwarf conifers, citrus fruits, favorite hydrangeas with bougainvillea - only you can choose.
In summer, plant the best mosses, soil protectors and creeping flyers with a compact root system into trunk circles, decorate containers or decorate them with your favorite materials, repaint tubs, lay decorative pebbles, sisal or mulch on the ground, replace the usual support with a forged sculpture or an elaborate wicker design. There are a lot of options for turning a frame giant into a bright installation.
But with smaller cultures, there is something to “work on”:
- Decoration of containers. Wicker baskets and large ceramic vessels or attractive containers as external “vessels”, bright wrapping paper or mats, fabric or knitted scarves, as well as pasting with materials with different decor will help turn any container into a work of art. A small cage for florariums or a glass vase are also popular options for which there are many fans.
- Masking the soil. The filling options are not limited to garden mulch, aquarium soil or loose decoration.
- Adding sculptural elements. Small plants enclosed in soft coils of sisal, a spectacular branch or support, ornate lines of wire sculptures, a small figurine, a decorative ring or wreath, a classic decor for flowerpots “on sticks” - there are plenty to choose from. Look at the plant and decide if you want to add something interesting to its silhouette and lines or not.
- The introduction of color spots. Dried flowers or inflorescences, fresh flowers, lanterns of physalis, clusters of mountain ash and viburnum, twigs with sparkling berries, panicles of cereals, bright candles next to the flowerpot, colored substrate, ribbons or twine, braid compensate for the lack of color or emphasize its tone, adding charm compositions.
- Stylish additions. Jewelry, bright beads and garlands, unexpected pendants, fairy-tale characters or silhouettes of soaring butterflies, inscriptions and other decorative materials will help to reveal the design style and your idea.
Pot plants can also be supplemented with genuine floristry works - bouquets of fresh or dried flowers, real florariums, herbariums in frames, photographs, ceramic figurines, utensils or dishes that will help reveal your idea.
What style can floristic design match?
In the style and color scheme of your floristic design for the recreation area, you are not limited by anything. Monochrome, Scandinavian motifs and Provence are in fashion today, but it is better to choose according to your taste. A favorite color or shade, material or classic motif can serve as a source of inspiration for the search for ideas of a wide variety of floral touches.
Trendy hi-tech, steel or glass, wood, shells and natural materials, dried flowers or berries, cones, other gifts of nature will help you find your own ideal version and theme.
Floristic compositions can also become seasonal: dry panicles of cereals, spikelets and lanterns of physalis emphasize the charm of an autumn terrace or a kindergarten on the roof, bright ribbons and pastel colors - the charm of primroses on a spring balcony, etc.